Once the busiest inland port in Australia Echuca is the starting point for this cruise which travels the same route as the paddle-steamers of the 1800s. It cruises downstream past high colourful riverbanks and old river trees, through forestry areas and townships, past tributary rivers and under several bridges, covering just over 800 river kilometres, before finishing at Mildura. Water levels in this section of the river peak during irrigation season. Because of the variations in river levels throughout the year and season by season, this cruise is scheduled to operate only during late November.
- Coach returns you to Echuca at the end of the cruise (for any onward travel);
- Torrumbarry Weir;
- Gunbower, Koondrook and Perricoota State Forests;
- Pental Island pumping station;
- Murray Downs Station;
- Pass Little Murray River Junction, Wakool and Murrumbidgee Rivers;
- “Alewein” the wreck;
- Tala Rocks;
- Meilman Station;
- Success Reef;
- Mallee Cliffs;
- Psyche Bend pumping station;
- Pass by other towns including: Boundary Bend, Robinvale, Colignan, and Gol Gol.
Our Murray River Cruises are all inclusive so you really only need to bring your personal items and your sense of humour and fun.
We will not ask you to sing, dance, recite funny stories, dress up for dinner or bring fancy dress with you. But of course you may do all these if you wish.
We suggest you might like to bring:
- A small overnight bag to carry your needs for each day (Please limit your luggage to about 15 kgs weight);
- Comfortable clothes (there is no need to ‘dress’ as the cruise is very casual);
- Comfortable walking shoes;
- A warm jacket as the open air deck or evenings may be cool;
- A hat and sunscreen;
- Camera, lenses, and spare batteries;
- Binoculars if you are a keen bird watcher.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL.
A deposit of 20% of the booking value is required within 14 days of confirmation to secure your booking.
Balance of payment is required 30 days prior to departure date of the cruise.
Payment can be made by cash, personal cheque, bank deposit, bank transfer OR over the phone with Visa & Mastercard. However, please note: a 1.5% surcharge applies for over the phone credit card payments.
Murray River Run reserves the right to resell seats if payment conditions are not met.
Fees will apply for bookings cancelled for any reason on the following basis:
- More than 30 days before cruise departure — $100 per person
- More than 7 days before cruise departure — 50% of total fare
- 7 days or less before cruise departure – 80% of total fare
- On day of cruise departure – 100% of total fare
Refunds cannot be made for unused sections of the program.
Travel Insurance is available to cover cancellation or additional expenses in certain circumstances and travel insurance is well worth considering.
Belluna Pty Ltd (operator of the Murray River Run) maintains public liability insurance but indemnifies itself against any damage, loss or injury arising out of any action or lack of action by any external party or external supplier of services.
Itineraries and costs are correct at time of web site preparation but may be subject to alteration, sometimes without notice, due to unforeseen circumstances.
Rights of the Company or Master:
Spirit Australia Cruises, operators of the Murray River Run, reserve the right to cancel or alter cruises.